Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Me! Me!

I've been encouraged to write about me! me! by my friend George over at INOTBB

  1. Name a book that you want to share so much that you keep giving away copies: One Hundred Years of Solitude, I suppose, though it's been awhile since I've sent one down the reader river... I've also gone through a lot of So Far from Gods, a book by Ana Castillo that is a gringo-chick intro to magical realism and used to seem really edgey...
  2. Name a piece of music that changed the way you listen to music: Grease, the movie soundtrack. Got a copy for my birthday, put it on Mom's stereo, and yippee! Dancing!
  3. Name a film you can watch again and again without fatigue: The Black Stallion. It's just freakin' beautiful.
  4. Name a work of art you'd like to live with: "Queen Calafia's Magical Circle" would be fun...
  5. Name a work of fiction which has penetrated your real life: My Side of the Mountain. About this kid who runs away and makes his home in a tree trunk in the Catskill Mountains. He had a trained falcon, made traps, flipped grown-ups the finger. A book that triggered many early self-sufficiency fantasies. That, and all the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
  6. Name a punch line that always makes you laugh: "Is the bar tender here?"

Oh, not "me! me!"?

What the heck is a meme? I have much to learn about this strange new blogsphere I have entered...

4 comments:

George said...

Thanks for playing! I particularly agree with the art to live with, as I've even posted a photo of it over at INOTBB.

Chryss said...

Thanks, George. There used to be a good website too, but I couldn't find it this morning... It's at Kit Carson Park in Escondido, California.

Anonymous said...

here it is: www.queencalifia.org

Kristin Anderson said...

Hey ME Me! Beautiful Buckminster Fuller Quote. Any relation to D? I guess you have inspired me to start my own! Amazing what a walk through Farmer's Market can do. I just posted it and will have to figure out how to actually use it.

Check it out at aguayoshed.blogspot.com